Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shower-Zilla

Haha, I stole the word from you Tara!! Ha Ha!! :) Okay, back to my blog!

I got this e-vite today for a baby shower - not so odd. Here's the thing, it's from someone who does work at my company and I have talked to her a few times about business stuff, but we're not friends at all - hell, I didn't even know she was pregnant. So weird to get an e-vite from her, also weird because I'm the only person not in her division who was invited. Odd. Even weirder, the e-vite. Read below.

Join us to honor ***and the upcoming birth of baby girl ***!
For those of you who can't attend, please "shower" *** with gift cards during the month of May! If your last name begins with A-H, please mail on/around May 12th, I-P, May 17th and Q-Z, May 21st.
Although cards are sweet gestures, they are only read once or twice and then put aside. In lieu of a card, consider purchasing an inexpensive children's book to top off your gift. Sign your name along with a message for baby girl ***. They'll treasure it for years to come!
***and *** will be in need of many odds and ends, such as diapers (any size), diaper rash ointment, teething rings, bibs, washclothes, lotions,baby wash, small bowls/cups, etc.... A Basket of Joy for the Bundle of Joy will be on display during the shower. Consider bringing along an item or two for the basket! Thank you!
Gift card suggestions: Babies R Us, Target, Walmart, Burlington Coat Factory
So, odd right? I mean, so demanding of what I should or should not do as a potential guest. I've never heard of someone telling you what to get if you are unable to attend - I mean hello, it's my choice to attend and shower you with any damn thing. Needless to say, I sent back a flat "no" reply and there will be no gift card coming her way from me. What a shower-zilla!
***names have been removed to protect the greedy and demanding

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it made my day for sure :)

RZ said...

Wow, that e-vite is beyond gauche. Just…wow.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

WTF!! Demanding a gift when you don't even attend? I am gasping! That is beyond tacky. Tacky McTrashy. Ew! I think you should send a card WITHOUT a book or gift cert. Just the damn card.

If that were me, I would be mortified if my friends wrote that on my behalf. But then again, my friends would never do that. Just ew!

CindyLooHoo said...

I am speechless.
I think you just give a card to show you are a rule breaker. :)

Buford Betty said...

Ohhh... I'm really embarrassed for this momma-to-be. That's horrid.