Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Busy Bee

It's been a busy few weeks here at the "H" household. We had our first baby shower on August 23rd in my hometown. My mom and sis did such a great job, and it was so much fun! The food was yummy - the cake alone probably added 5 lbs to my frame, oh well! We actually had a huge turn-out of family and friends, so it was great to see everyone that I hadn't seen in forever! And the gifts - so many gifts, a mountain of gifts! I had the most fun opening gifts, not only because they are baby gifts (hello, super cute!), but also because our friend's 5-year-old daughter, Brooke, was my little assistant. She brought the gifts to me, helped me determine who they were from, and then we opened them together. She had such funny kid-like-yet-adult comments for everything, it just had me in stitches. To hear a 5-year old say, "Oh, you have to feel this fleece, it's so soft. The baby will love this!" is just a hoot! I love that kid! :) Here's a few of my favorite pictures from the party...and there were tons, which are all up on Ben's site...

Hello AF girls (shout out to Jen who's missing)...


My dad, me and my "tricycle". Yes, I know it's not technically a tricycle! When I was little, I loved this tricycle and rode it all the time! Until one time I left it out in the field and it sorta got run over by the tractor. Sadness! I thought it was trashed, but my dad had saved it all these years and he repaired it, repainted it, and gifted it to me for little Ben. How great is my daddy?

My parents came up this weekend to help us finish up the baby's room, and put all the gifts away. We washed all the baby clothes, finally made up the crib, hung the mobile, and organized...and we stuffed most of the gifts in the closet because I just don't want to have them out and about for the cat to lounge in until Ben gets here. I just know if I set up the pack-n-play that Nixon will be living in it and it will be covered in fur! Oh, Nixon...when will you learn that you are no longer the numero uno in this house. Here's a glimpse into Ben's Crib...all the updated room pics are on his baby site.

2 comments:

Gnome said...

Aww... that tricycle is so cute! Your dad rocks!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. I just went and checked out Ben's site too! I am soo ready for your shower, it's going to be so fun!!