I've been trying to think of how to sum the trip up, and there's just no quick way to it. It was a long and depressing trip. The weather was lousy, we both got terribly sick, and the government made everything take longer than necessary. However, I did get to spend some quality time with my Danish cousins and great aunt. On the last day, we did get everything we set out to do accomplished. And I think my mom has closure, which is the only reason we went.
Funny things that happened on the way (or in) to Copenhagen:
- My mom's coworkers gave her a sympathy card which included $1000 for travelling. Unbelievably sweet.
- Mom got totally sloshed on her anxiety pills - many funny stories, and I will be mocking her for months.
- Movies on the plane: Balls of Fury, Rush Hour 3, and The Game Plan. It was like the trifecta of worst in-flight movies ever. And add Hairspray to that for the flight back. Horrible!
- FYI -The American Embassy in Copenhagen is only open from 2-4 pm, Monday-Friday. So, don't need anything unless it's during those hours. They'll just tell you "it's past hours."
- My cousin, Michael, introduced me to a hilarious BBC Show called Nighty Night
- Flu-fig-new-ber, or at least that's what I'm calling it since that's what it sounded like in Danish. Yummy chocolate treat!
- Children, children everywhere. Michael, I think they're following you.