Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pardon me while I whine....

Can I just say that I hate global warming and this stupid unseasonably warm winter we are having. It's December and the high is 79 today. Yesterday I was actually sweating. Sweating...in December...which is winter! Argh! I live in NC because I enjoy all 4 seasons....I do not want a sunny winter. I want a cold, dark, slight chance of snow winter. Where am I going to wear all the cute jackets and sweaters I bought for this season?

J and I are going to Asheville this weekend for our belated anniversary weekend, and I was hoping I'd at least get some cold weather there since it is the mountains. But no, weather.com has informed me that the highs there over the next few days are in the 60s, with a chance of cold weather on Sunday when we leave.

People let's take care of this planet so that we can wear super cute winter coats, buy fun boots, bring out the tights, and gain a layer of winter fat to keep us warm and cozy. I think that's the message Al Gore forgot in his movie. Screw the polar bears and penguins, this shit is messing with my wardrobe!

3 comments:

Breezy said...

Not to mention messing w/ my sleep! We refuse to turn on the AIR IN DECEMBER. Especially when just the other day it was literally freezing outside! So, we come home to an 80 degree house and let me just say, that my husband can really turn up the heat in bed (and I'm not talking about his love making skills...not knocking them, just not talking about them). He is my own little space heater. This crazy hotness we got goin' on lately is messin' w/ my cuddling in bed and I wake up sweaty! UGHertons! I'd much prefer to sleep w/ tons of blankets than sheetless! That's another thing Al Gore needs to add in...a restful nights sleep!

CindyLooHoo said...

My side is literally splitting from laughing so hard. God, we really are 2 peas in a pod. One of THE BEST points about moving to Chicago is of course, wardrobe related. The fact that I love to wear boots (pray Santa delivers my next pair of UGGS under the tree this year), and that I am a total coat whore really makes it necessary for me to live in cold weather. I have LOVED it!! It hasn't gone above 35 in like 2 weeks, and snow that fell 2 weeks ago is STILL on the ground. Oh...am I making you jealous? If you don't believe any of this, then maybe you need to plan a trip...Gosh, I am beating it in the ground, aren't I???

Anonymous said...

I've stopped getting demonstrably angry about our bullshit weather here in the South. Instead I just daydream about moving to a place where I can wear sweaters for more than two months of the year. England, Canada, the Pacific Northwest—I'm not picky! But I am beyond tired of subtropical climates.