Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Book It

Do you ever have a great idea (at least in your mind), but no know-how on how to make it happen? That happens to me all the time, especially when I'm kicking around business ideas with friends. I have decided that a lot of my enterprising problems could be solved if I had a) unlimited capital, and b) access to a website engineer.

Yet again, I have been beaten to the punch! For years I have been wondering why there wasn't a booksite like netflix. Seriously, why don't I ever invent these things!? I've been thinking it for years and years. Well, of course, it already exists. It looks cool, and I'm thinking of trying it because the CLT libraries never have the books I want unless I'm willing to be #52 on the waiting list. BookSwim seems like a great idea especially for a voracious reader like myself.

I've also started clearing out my bookshelves using SwapTree - it's an online trading community, all you pay for is the shipping when you make a trade. I had a lot of books, cd's and dvd's that James hadn't been able to sell yet on Ebay, but this way I get a book I want, and get rid of one I don't need anymore. Gotta do what you can in this crappy economy.

(Oh, and since I'm on a book themed post, I think everyone should join online communities like Shelfari or GoodReads. It's a great way to recommend books to friends and family, and to learn about books that you should read. I'm a member of both, so friend me.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to check these sites out soon. I am so glad you are blogging again!