Monday, March 22, 2010

Chagrin

Isn't marriage a hoot?! J and I have been arguing about the speed at which we seem to be moving on our relocation plans, as evidenced by my weekend rant. Couple that with having a child and a tight budget, and there just doesn't seem to be as much time to devote to "us" and doing the things we used to do for each other. We are definitely at the annoyed with each other point of our marriage, and are aware that things will change but right now can be a bit sucky. And then today I get this totally random email from him, and it made me remember all the good that seems to get swept so easily under the rug when I'm mad.

Date: Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:06 AM
Subject: this was supposed to be a surprise...

Don't be mad, but two weeks ago I ordered you a new laptop computer from HP. It will be delivered this week probably on Wednesday. They were running a good deal on HP computers that week, and I thought it would be a nice surprise to help you with your new business and keeping in touch with your book-face and email and such.

Hope you aren't upset. If you want me to cancel the order I can, we can just send it back to them without opening it.

Love you.
JBH
Seriously, the sweetest thing he has done for me in a very long time. And no, he doesn't have to buy me big gifts for me to remember that I love him dearly. It honestly is just the fact that he thought of me and how to make my life easier. He could have cleared a drawer in his desk for me and I would have been just as happy...although a new laptop is much better, especially since mine is on the fritz and we've been sharing his. Also, I like that he thought I'd be mad - because who would be mad about getting a new laptop? If anyone could, it would be me. Obviously I'm not, but he knows me well. He knows that I like to pick out my own stuff and can sometimes be a bad gift-receiver.

(I am fully aware that this post may make me seem like a difficult person to be married to, and will admit that I am. Who isn't?)

4 comments:

Breezy said...

I actually teared up at that (must be PMS time! Haha!) that is super cute and sweet. He thought of you, and what you might need...it's also obvious that he's supporting your business move. Guys have their own way. AND by the way, I am also very difficult to be married to. Good thing we produce handsome male offspring that will carry on their name...oh, and we cook for them =) that helps!

Stacy said...

I know! I teared up today while reading 'Corduroy' to Ben. Seriously, must be PMS time.

Anonymous said...

I think that is super sweet! It makes me think of something Pete would do! I love it!!

To me, that's super thoughtful and nicer than flowers! :)

Beckers said...

How sweet! And the timing couldn't be better. Yay, JBH!

Oh, but I am not difficult to be married to. Jonathan said so (when I put him on the spot and asked him). ;)