Monday, October 20, 2008

Fool Me Twice

So imagine you wake up at 3:00 a.m. with what feels like horrible menstrual cramps and lower back pain, you'd think it's labor too, right? Yet again I have been duped by the baby. I stayed up for 4 hours with cramps, back pain, and sore/weak legs! Drinking water didn't help, laying down didn't help, only walking helped. But did those cramps turn into real contractions, no. What is up with that!? Well, apparently Braxton Hicks contractions can get painful and an awful lot like the real thing as you get into this stage. I mean, sure, I love dealing with fake-outs at 3:00 a.m. Do I wake the husband or not? How do I time this if it's just constant pain and pressure? Do I need to poop or throw up? Wait, now I'm hungry. I decided to get up and eat toast and water and just walk around downstairs. Things finally started to subside around 6:30 a.m. and I went back to bed and passed out for a few hours. Now I am late for work, still no baby, and the normal Braxton Hicks are back. All I have to say is that I better be dilated when I go to the doctor on Wednesday. If I'm still at 0 centimeters, I am going to scream (rather than cry, which is what I did last week).

No comments: